Music Video Productions


music video productions

This pages give examples of Music Video oProductions done by Rockstock.

The first Video is a Promo Video for the Southern Soul Festival that was held on Copacabana Beach in Ulcin 2013 In Montenegro. This Festival was filmed by Rockstock with 2 conductors interviewing Nicole Conte, The Resonators, Vasil Hazimanov and last but not least Alice Russel. The conductors where Tasha’s World, a famous soul singer from the Netherlands and Paris…

Music Video Productions


The second video is a action parapante / paraglide video shot in 5 days on different locations in april 2014 in Montenegro with Patrick Kapel as Parapente pilot doing some extreme stunts and proximity flying with Little Clouds Parapentes.

Underneath you find the story of how this video was taken:

On arrival in Montenegro after a 2 day drive across Europe, all the team meet up in a local bar to discuss what was about to happen. My only knowledge was that it involved snow mobiles, ski’s, snowboards, parachute’s and mountains and that I must bring the drone helicopter to meet up in Zabljak in the National Park of Durmitor. The idea was to record a clip of paragliding to promote Montenegro and to create a music video. This would be the first time speed gliders have been used in Montenegro, so excitement was high.
During the long road trip to Montenegro, the team brainstormed what and how we were going to film. For many years the pilot had the idea to perform a rollover into the parachute from a bridge. On their way to Zabljak they stopped at the Tara Bridge, yet it was dark and there was no way to plan anything about a jump.

The whole team met up in a local bar in the middle of Zabljak, all of us enthused about the adventure we were about to embark on. After a few drinks we headed to the lodge a short drive away, took a bite to eat and got an early night.
On waking early the following morning, we set out to climb the mountains and survey our potential jump sites. Firstly we returned to the Tara Bridge. Standing on the edge we could see two potential landing spots next to the river. However we needed to head down to the river bed to ensure we had a safe landing strip.

This involved hobbling down a slippery slope to the river 172 meters below. With no beaten Path, we took a local guide with a 4×4 and then continued down to check out the only available landing strip. This was several meters of shallow water with a sandy bottom and no current, but it was surrounded by dangers with rocks, rapids and trees all around. However, from the river below, we could envisage the jump and landing area, with the right winds.

We then scaled the deep mountain side which was loose with erosion over millennia to get back to the jeep and up to the bridge. We knew we would need to erect a platform on the bridge, so asked our guide who lived locally if he could source anything we could make a temporary platform with. Within minutes we had all the materials and tools we required, and discussed the plan of action while taking a coffee and looking out over the view.

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 20.40.16

After the mission was complete we felt happy with the proposed take off and landing sites, so headed for the snow covered mountains in search of part two. We went first to the ski lifts, yet there has been little snow this year so the lifts were not running. So we drove on, thinking the snow chains would suffice. We quickly discovered that the only way we would be getting up there is with 4×4’s and snow mobiles, which we had already arranged for the following day. Skidding up and down the mountain side, we returned to the cabin and prepared all the equipment, and charged all our batteries in preparation for tomorrow’s antics.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 12.27.42

We awoke the following morning and headed out to see our chariots stacked on the back of trailers, towed by 4×4’s. We excitedly packed our equipment and began our ascent up toward the towering mountains in the distance. On arrival there we headed up into the snow line as far as the vehicles would let us. We then dressed for the occasion, packed our equipment onto the snow mobiles and descended down into a valley.

The journey took us up and down a quickly thawing track, with large and small boulders poking through the snow and dictating our route. We headed down in to the valley looking up at the peaks towering above us, getting more and more impressive as we entered this freshly snow covered environment. After an hour on the scooters we saw our peak to our right, either side full of fresh snow from avalanche falls, but this was the one. The landing area was nice and open and there were two ravines on either side carved out over the years. We headed as close as the scooters would take us, up a steep slope onto a plateau, giving us a greater appreciation of the sheer scale of the mountains. We stepped out into the fresh snow, sometimes dropping to our waists in the freshly dusted powder. 

The guide and the pilot (Patrick) carried on up to the peak and we worked out the flight plan and where we should position ourselves via radio contact. We found a large over hanging rock to use as a base, giving us a view of the peak and the gulley. Patrick continued further up the mountain with the guide to check out the take off site, hiking on nearly an hour to reach the top and check out the conditions.


Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 11.30.15



On finding the take off point and winds we got the all clear and got in position, and Patrick flew down from the peak and down the gulley, into what looked like small rolling hills in the valley, from our position. Rather than slowly floating down, this was more like a plane in a dog fight. Patrick used the speed he had gathered to make tricks rather than prolong his flight, something I had never seen before. Barrel rolls, 360’s, the parachute was twisting and turning, catapulting Patrick through the air. What an introduction to speed gliding!

The snow mobile was already on the move and went to collect Patrick and bring him back to us. Conversation via the radios was not really possible, as it was more wooohoooo’s and cheering from the adrenalin. This suggested that he was safe and good to come again.

The guide came down from the peak and joined us in the gulley, whilst discussing the proposed location of our next flight. The guide and the pilot had already decided that it was best to continue up this slope to take a different line from the same peak, down a second and narrower gulley to the opposite side of the peak. For this we had to continue hiking up and around the back of the mountain. I continued, pushing my ankle like not for a long time, (I had broke it only six months previously). The ankle was good and there was so much adrenaline pushing me on up the hill that not even a broken leg would have stopped me.

On getting up the slope and around the corner of another slope we could see the perfect take off site situated another hundred or so meters, above up a steep northerly facing slope covered in fresh snow. Patrick started up it, making his mammoth ascent using his ski’s as ice picks and digging his feet or knees into the fresh deep snow to force himself onwards. 

I followed him up with the drone helicopter and filmed some of the beautiful snow capped surroundings. A pair of birds of prey circled over the peak, while regular avalanches crashed in the distant mountains, making the moment all the more special., Ensuring he could see us all from his vantage point, the guide stood back in position.

Patrick upside down at Durmitor

After a further 40 minutes or so… Patrick was up on the top of the mountain and rested. We got back on the radios and assessed the conditions all around; everything fell into place. With little notice we all go into position, which was critical to get the best results. Patrick was on the top of a peak wearing ski’s, filling his parachute thousands of meters in the air, and then started down the mountainside. In seconds he was in the air and careering down the mountain side. A few steep turns maneuvered Patrick down the gulley, twisting and turning through this narrow gorge. This flight was much longer as Patrick headed down into a distant snow filled valley, with a little isolated village. 

We all headed back down the mountain to the snow mobiles, realizing that it was already almost sun set. We raced back to the snow mobiles by our chosen means and headed for the jeeps. The journey back was no easy task in itself as the warm sun had melted our previous Patrick? and we had to weave around boulders and other hidden dangers beneath the snow.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 22.53.25

All of us slightly feeling the strains of the day but still running on adrenalin, we headed back to the hotel for food, beers and a sauna to relax the muscles for the next day’s adventures. But this adrenalin was coursing through our veins even hours after it all.
On the third day we returned to the Đurđevića Tara Bridge, this valley is part of the deepest canyon in Europe. The bridge was built between 1937 and 1940 in the Kingdom of former Yugoslavia. The 365 meters long bridge, one for each day of the year, has five arches. The largest span of 116 meters is where we planned to launch the 172 meters to the Tara River below.

We firstly walked the bridge and looked down into the valley and river below, whilst assessing the winds. We did have some problems with winds that could disrupt the jump so we had to wait until it lightened. Our first mission was to make a platform to hang over the edge, which was assisted by a local living next to the bridge. This of course brought up much excitement with passing tourists and locals. The spectators stood on the bridge advising us not to do it and telling us of a Russian paraglider who broke his leg by making a similar jump. 

It would be dangerous! We knew of course that this project was not without its dangers. Patrick later tells us that he thinks that, “you should never be guided by fear or opinions of other people.” We had this planned and were convinced of the fact that it would be safe and also would give an amazing adrenaline rush. We were in our own world, fully focused on what we were doing.

The location was stunning – blue skies above the stunning green valley and the turquoise river below. We recapped the flight plan, checked the equipment, safety contingencies and prepared ourselves for what we were about to do. Two team members were below the bridge and three of us on the bridge above.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 11.56.34

With everyone now in position, we awaited the perfect winds. The crowd had dispersed and the glider was hanging freely below the bridge. Patrick looked down off the bridge for a final check, quickly followed by action and a forward roll into the open glider and valley below. He went with 100% fully trusting himself and his equipment. The opening was a little slower than planned, but ultimately his flight was perfect, flying up the river towards the landing site. With a strong pull to line up the landing site he swooped down and came perfectly in the shallows of the river and landing the parachute dry on a large worn rock at the river edge.
We all got back to the top of the valley and had a few drinks to celebrate the success of the jump, all of us proud of what we had achieved. Patrick told us after “he had lived there and not just the last two days, I was ready for it and it was completely calm. It was going to happen.” 
He continued, “I did it and it gave a super kick.”

Sveti Stefan Sat Little Cloud XL

After the bridge we set off down to the coast for the next days of madness, driving the winding roads through this beautiful country. We were surrounded by trees, mountains, valleys, ravines, stunning views wherever you look, as the day turned into night and light disappeared. We all met up again at the yacht, opened a few beers and discussed the plans for the following day. The adrenalin of the last few days was still pulsating. After heading out for food, we went back to the yacht for sleep to prepare for the following days antics.
On the fourth day we headed down the coast, Patrick seeing this beautiful coast line for the first time in daylight. The road took us from the stunning Bay of Kotor, the largest bay in the south of Europe, through the Budva Riviera with its steep sided mountains climbing high and straight out of the sea. We were hoping to head to the traditional take off location for paragliding, Brajici, at 760 meters above sea level. However the clouds that had appeared over night did not allow us to progress up the mountain, so instead we continued down the coast and headed for Sveti Stefan.

This is a former fishing village on an island, surrounded by the blause of languageue and green waters of the Adriatic. The island is now a luxury hotel, which has hosted many famous celebrities over the years. Among its illustrious guests were Marilyn Monroe, Willy Brandt, Bobby Fischer, Boris Spassky, Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti, Monica Vitti, Ingemar Stenmark, Kirk Douglas, Jonathan Miller and Claudia Schiffer.
Above the island up the mountain stands the Church Sveti Sava, which was to be the take off point. The church is situated on a rock jutting out of the hillside, offering great views up and down the coast. The steep mountain below was the perfect incline for take off, however the unstable and rocky terrain made starting with the glider no easy task and definitely not for the beginner.

Tara River Front Roll Litle Cloud 11 4

After take off, Patrick circled around a good while, taking advantage of the thermals and favorable winds and enjoyed the great views whilst getting in position. This is when the real fun started. With several acro maneuvers above the sea, he spiraled down towards the beach where a small audience had gathered, including the security guards of Sveti Stefan, pleased with the performance.
From here we headed to Kotor the landing site for the next jump. Kotor is a beautiful Old Walled Citadel in the Bay of Kotor, and the wall carries on all the way up the mountain side to a church and scattered defense positions. This is a traditional Old Town of the region built by all who visited over centuries, using local stone and red tiled roofs. It is one of my personal favorite places in Montenegro. This was going to be for the following day as we were not lucky with the cloud cover above Kotor. We headed up the mountain, to a location we love, with amazing views of the entire bay and the open sea. However it was not safe to make a flight with the limited visibility, so we aborted the flight and returned to the yacht.

The penultimate day for me, one of the nicest, coming down from the National Park of Lovcen in to the beautiful Old Town of Kotor. Lovcen is the name of the mountain, which has two imposing peaks, Štirovnik 1,749 meters and Jezerski vrh 1,657 meters. We decided against the peak and went into the national park to make a camp fire, feed ourselves and wait for the cloud conditions to improve. The terrain before us was open with a shallow descent, an easy take off after the previous days, and looks down across the Bay of Kotor. The sun sets beautifully over the bay to the West, and this is where we set up camp. We made a fire and a makeshift grill on which we cooked chicken and Cevapi “a local type of sausage made from mixed meat and spices”

After eating, the conditions improved and we were on the top of the mountain ready to fly down, planning to land on the boulevard next to the sea and the old town of Kotor. Behind us the top of the mountain was partly cloudy, however we could still see the town. There was a perfect breeze so Patrick launched the mini goose and flew down toward the old town. He dissappeared into the distance and we awaited his return whilst feeding the fire and ourselves. 

With the extra height Patrick had the chance to perform more acro manoevers above the old town, before coming down with a perfect downwind landing. He parked himself on the narrow boulevard next to the water. A beautiful end of the trip in Montenegro, where we have all been able to experience many wonderful moments and a lot of beautiful people. A must for everyone.